Helpful Links
Photobucket

The Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm

Go down

The Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm

Post by Tetris on November 18th 2011, 5:17 pm

A note from me:

This information will be updated soon to reflect changes in the game since I first posted this. For now, there is a 2012 Holiday Update located below this with more info that will be compiled with my original.

Cheers and happy farming,
~Tetris

This is a collection of information that I have put together from various information I've read and general gameplay experience, thrown together in no particular order. A lot of people have found this useful, new players and long-time players alike. For a basic (and I mean BASIC) introduction about gameplay on Pot Farm, please read my beginner's guide.

1. Check out www.potfarm.info for information on EVERYTHING. Level requirements, protection ratings for all items, detailed seed lists, mystery seed information, sneak peeks at whats coming up and more.

2. Free Facebook Credit links DO NOT WORK. STOP POSTING THEM EVERYWHERE.

3. Please actually read things and make sure you KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. A lot of the posts are because people THINK they know what they're talking about when they really have no clue, even though the relevant info is there.

4. Please stop asking for more land. This subject has been beaten to death. That's why the 2x and 3x seeds and the various Hydros came out. To let us plant more plants in less space. The Devs have stated that new land is not going to happen, the game simply can't handle it. I would have to agree with that statement. I shudder to think about the issues that we would see if we got more land. They have also said that they might be able to link us a second farm, but that is probably far in the future.

5. Visiting neighbors is hit or miss. Some days it goes great, some days not so. The Devs are aware of this and are trying to get it right. There are a couple of things that you can do to increase your chances whilst neighbor visiting.

-Try starting from the lowest level neighbors first. In theory, they have less on their farms, hence less to load.
    -Use a hardwired connection instead of a wifi connection on your computer.
    -Give the page a few seconds to load before clicking any buttons. If you see squares on your neighbors field with the word 'loading' where there should be an item, chances are it's going to lock up on you. Give it a few and see if it loads up the item that should be displayed.

6. Having trouble finding posts on somebody with FB's Timeline setup? Go read up on it here.

7. Here's a tip to help you get critters. Pot Farm's day resets at 1am, EST. That is when your Daily Bread is issued and everyones critter shares get reset. This is usually a good time to watch your wall for critters that your friends post.

8. To see ONLY Pot Farm posts on you wall, use this link: https://www.facebook.com/?sk=app_272810543124

9. If Pot Farm has a 'Like This Post' contest on their wall for a free gift, you have to click the link that they post AFTER we have reached the number of likes that they asked for to actually recieve it.

10. Just because Pot Farm posted a picture with a link for free items DOES NOT MEAN THAT WHAT IS PICTURED IS WHAT THE LINK IS FOR. (see #3)

11. Pot Farm's stand-alone site is located at www.thepotfarmgame.com.

12. Your post didn't get deleted off of PFs wall. By default, PFs wall shows only posts from Pot Farm.
    You need to click the (Everyone) tab located under the pictures at the top of their wall to see all posts, including the ones that you thought were being deleted by the Devs.

13. Pot Farm NEVER says how long maintenance will take when they go down for it. They say HOW LONG it's going to be until they go into maintence. Stop bitching that its been too long, that they said that it was gonna be this amount of time. They didn't. (See #3)

14. If you complete a quest and your reward has disappeared from your Gift Box, refresh the page. 99.9% of the time this will fix the issue. Same goes for plants that you harvest. It seems a lot of people are having issues harvesting plants and having them not show up in your Stash. Refresh the page and they should be there.

15. Please make sure the date and time are correct on your computer. If they aren't, the game might display items or quests as being available when they actually are not.

16. Items gained as prizes from quests DO NOT give you the XP that you would have gotten if you bought the same item from the shop.

17. When you get a popup for a critter on your farm to share, you don't get anything out of it. You post it to your wall for your neighbors to claim. The only way to get critters is to claim them off of your friends walls. Pot Farm does, periodically, put some of them for sale in the store. To see how to lock critters and seeds out to yourself or specific people, read this.

18. Accidentally blocked PF posts from showing on your wall? Here's how to fix it. Click on the 'Facebook' logo to get to your wall. Scroll down to the bottom. It's gonna take a lil bit, it will keep auto-loading posts and not let you get there. Drag the browsers scroll bar, it's quicker. You'll see 'Edit Options' on the bottom right. Click on that to bring up apps that you've blocked from your wall. Click the 'x' next to Pot Farm, save and you should be good.

19. With most web browsers, if you hold the the 'Ctrl' button down when you click on a link, you will open the link in a new tab in your browser and not lose your place on FB.

20. Whilst you can't play Pot Farm from your cell phone (yet) you might be able to claim wall posts and giveaways from Pot Farm's wall. If you have a smartphone, chances are that you can click on a link and you will get to the first page saying that you got the gift. Give it a try. Works for me. I claim about half of the freebies that they post on their wall from my phone. You will have to use a mobile web browser for this and not a Facebook app for your phone.

21. Quests have various prerequisits for opening up. Sorry if it seems like a time-limited quest does not give you enough time to complete. It just depends on when you meet the requirements for it to open for you. Check out www.potfarm.info ahead of time for info on all the quests, when they unlock, what is needed to complete them and what the reward is so you can prepare for them.

22. If you have an issue with Gold Rush, you need to contact BringIt, not Pot Farm. BringIt runs Gold Rush and are the people to contact with issues.

23. Guano from the Gift Box has changed. When you click to use it, it gets added to the on-screen total dispayed on the left hand side of the screen. Now we can use it for our Hydro setups.

24. Just because you clicked on a Bacon post from someones wall DOES NOT mean you are going to get a Bacon Tree. You get a Mystery Seed wich could grow into anything. I can see where some people might have an issue with thinking they were getting a Pizza seed from a Pizza post; it says 'Grab a seed.' All the other PB plants say 'Grab a Mystery Seed.' The Devs are aware of this and are supposed to be fixing the text on the Pizza posts.

25. Jitters: There is a link to claim your Jitters at the bottom of every email Pot Farm sends out. If you're having issues with the link, try copying and pasting it into your browser.

26. Try clearing your browsers cache once in a while. Doing that CAN FIX PROBLEMS. It's worked for me before.

27. Google Chrome and Firefox are both excellent web browsers. Check them out if your having issues with Internet explorer. Both are much better, in my opinion.

28. There is a link for contacting the Developers of Pot Farm on their wall, lower left hand side. If you feel the need to contact them, understand that they get thousands of emails and you are not always going to get a response from them.

29. It's been brought to my attention that this doesn't work for everyone. It works for me and my wife, so give it a shot: When a new theme comes out, the old wall shares from people visiting your farms will give you the current free seed for whatever theme seed that is currently out. Right now you get 4x OG Kush from your friends wall shares when they visit your farm. If you go back to a post from the Conspiracy theme, you will get 4x OG Kush, not Alien Kush. Pretty cool, huh? If you reached your goals for the Alien Kush and stopped claiming posts from your friends, go back now for some free 4x OG Kush.

30. Changing the amount of something to sell in the Stash and the 'Use Some' button in the Gift Box will not work in fullscreen mode.

31. You can still get Jackpot Seeds and anything else that Pot Farm offers for FB credtis if you go play at Pot Farm's stand-alone site located at www.thepotfarmgame.com.

32. If you plant Mystery Seeds or Jackpot Seeds in a Hydro setup, you will get 'X' amount of the same plant, where 'X' is the number of plants that the Hydro setup that your planting them in can hold. If you plant use a Hydro Shack, you will get 25 of the SAME PLANT. 75 for the Bunker, you get the ides. However, it's a GAMBLE. You could get 25 Bacons, you could get 25 Sugar Cane. IT'S A GAMBLE, AND THE ODDS ARE HEAVILY IN FAVOR OF THE HOUSE. Gamble at your own risk but don't go whining on PF's wall (or here) if you get crap.

33. If you get busted whilst harvesting, refresh the page. You'll be able to start harvesting again before Ranger Dick shows up. Kind of defeats the purpose of the game, but with the Hydros out, I figured I would post it. I rarely have enough protection on my farm anymore. Only takes a few seconds to harvest Hydros before Dick shows up to bust me.

34. I know some people have had issues posting Mooches for various hydro parts needed for their setups. I've had several people confirm that they have had issues on the Facebook site, but it works fine from the stand-alone site. If you have issues posting Hydro mooches, try to post them from www.thepotfarmgame.com.

35. One of the few places you CAN get free FB credits is at 4Loot. But, you're not going to win 10,000 in a day. You can earn Loot coins just by searching the web from 4Loots site. Loot Coins can be exchanged for FB Credits. It's as simple as that. You can also earn coins when people you have refered win.

©2011-2012 Bill 'Tetris' Cassaday

Last edited by Tetris on November 21st 2012, 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tetris
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile http://potfarmforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm

Post by Tetris on November 21st 2012, 6:41 pm

The Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm 2012 Holiday Update

A continuation of my Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm. If you haven't read my original Idiot's Guide to Pot Farm just scroll up!!! Some of the info there needs to be updated, but it's still a pretty good read. Here are a few more good bits of info to know. I hope to update this with some more information and merge it with the original Idiot's Guide.

36. Please learn how to use Facebook. Not trying to be a jackass, but it seems like most people don't know how. On Pot Farm's main wall page, you will see Pot Farm's posts. There will be a section at the top with PF's likes, about info, pics, etc. Directly under this there is a button that says 'Highlights.' Click that and select 'Posts by others' to see everyones posts on the wall. You can also locate a box on their page with 'Recent Posts by Others on Pot Farm' and select the 'See all' option to see them that way. Please check to see if someone else has already posted something similar rather than posting the same thing over and over by a million people.

37. Pot Farm is a BUSINESS. I really don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for some people to grasp. Yes, you can play for free, but don't expect to be able to get everything you want handed to you on a digital platter. Yes, you are going to have to WORK for some things if you want them. Such is life. Pot Farm is also a social game. Meaning get some neighbors to help you along your way. You will have a very hard time trying to get quests done without the help of your neighbors. You will not be able to build anything in the game without spending PB's unless you have neighbors.

38. Pot Farm is also a daily game. They usually give things out on their wall every day. If you don't play every day, or have a plan for some of the quests, you will not finish all of them.

39. Unless you have a Super Oil Press, always try to keep a couple of Oil Presses out and feed them whenever you're on your farm. They only take 1 plot and 30 seconds to run. Hemp Oil is used for a lot of things and every lil bit helps.

40. Keep a Muchie Garden on your farm. When quests first came out, Munchie plants were never really required for quests. It seems like this is no longer the case. Keeping a garden on your farm with a nice selection of PB plants will help speed you along on your quests. Check out www.potfarm.info for info on what you're going to need for upcoming quests and plan accordingly. I'm conviced that there is a bit of programming in the game that makes any plants needed for a current quest you may have going less likely to appear. But that's just my 2 cents on that aspect.

41. Keep PB's in your stash untill you actually want to spend them. This has a couple of benefits. Sometimes you'll have a quest requiring you to sell them from your stash. It will also prevent you from accidently spending them. There have been a couple of times when I was posting mooches for a hydro and accidently clicked on the 'Buy All' button when I was trying to post my next mooch.

42. If all of your neighbors have disappeared from the bottom of your screen, most likely it's a FB issue. Check out http://downrightnow.com/facebook to see if there are any issues with FB service being reported.

©2012 Bill 'Tetris' Cassaday

Forum Admin

View user profile http://potfarmforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum