Pot Farm Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Helpful Links
New to a forum? Read this for some general info. POTFARMINFOLOGOFINAL
Photobucket

New to a forum? Read this for some general info.

Go down

New to a forum? Read this for some general info. Empty New to a forum? Read this for some general info.

Post by Tetris October 12th 2011, 4:07 am

Welcome to the Pot Farm Fan Forums!! Working to get a good group of people together to talk about the game and help this forum grow. If you've never been on a forum before, I'll give you some basic information about them. I'm posting this just to give people a general picture of how forums work. Sorry if its too basic.

Whilst Facebook has discussion boards, these fail in several key areas. There is no way for the developers of Pot Farm to keep important information at the top of the boards. This leads to everything getting lost in millions of 'Add Me!!!' threads and mooch threads. There is also no way for any kind of organization. No way to set up categories for similar posts.

A forum eliminates these problems. You can have posts (threads) that are pinned to the top of the forums for everyone to see. You can make global announcements across the entire board that everyone can see. You can have posts that are locked; information only to read. And you can share photos for people to see instead of just a link that you have to click on.

Again, welcome to the forum. Take a moment and read up on here for some general info on forums. Also, check out the FAQ at the top of the page for more info about what you can do on a forum. I will continue to make more FAQ's for other things as time progresses. Enjoy your time here. If you have a question about the forum, please don't hesitate to ask!!!

Last edited by Bill 'Tetris' Cassaday on November 18th 2011, 5:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Tetris
Tetris
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://potfarmforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New to a forum? Read this for some general info. Empty Re: New to a forum? Read this for some general info.

Post by Tetris October 12th 2011, 4:21 am

This is the home page. I have highlighted some of the items of interest to familiarize yourself with. Just check out the corresponding numbers and see the information listed.

New to a forum? Read this for some general info. PFFFHelppage1Portal

1. This is the header. There are tabs listed for several features, including your profile, private messages and a 'Home' button. You can also click on the main logo at the top of any page to get to the home page.

2. This is a list of the various categories for posts. There are general discussions, seed sharing, help with problems and other groups of threads. Click on one to go check out all the threads that have been posted.

3. The latest topics will scroll on the right-hand side of any page. This gives you quick access to the topics that people are commenting on.

4. Links to other useful Pot Farm pages will be listed here.

5. Unfortunately, this is a free forum site. There are ads. But as far as I can tell, just the one at the top of the page. Please understand that I do not endorse anything that is being shown. I have no control over it unless I pay for this site. That is not a feasible option for me right now.
Tetris
Tetris
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

New to a forum? Read this for some general info. Empty Re: New to a forum? Read this for some general info.

Post by Tetris October 12th 2011, 4:25 am

Lets go over the structure of a thread.

New to a forum? Read this for some general info. PFFFHelppage2Threads

1. This is a map of where you are at. What forum and thread. You can click these links to navigate back to a topic of the main page.

2. This is where replies will appear throughout the thread. You'll notice several things here. On the right-hand side you have several options. You can delete your comment, edit your comment and quote people. Above this, you also have the option to share the thread on various social websites. This option is only available on the first post of the thread on the first page.

3. This is where everyones info is listed. Their name, karma points (more on that in a minute), number of total post, and various ways to contact them are listed. By default, everyone is starting with a Pot Farm logo as their profile picture. I encourage everyone to select a picture or upload your own. You can go change you picture in your profile tab at the top of the page.

4. This is where you type to reply to a post. You will notice several buttons above the field for various options, including text options, adding links and smiley's. Hover your mouse over them to see what they do.

Tetris
Tetris
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tetris October 12th 2011, 4:39 am

I mentioned Karma in the last post, so here's some more on that. When you post, you get Karma. It's really just a number, but it's fun to watch it go up. You can also get Karma awarded to you by Mods for being a nice person and helping someone, or have it taken away for unruly behavior. Simple as that.

I might try to use it for some other function in the future, but who knows.
Tetris
Tetris
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down